1. A £30 deposit must be paid to secure your booking. If you cancel the party less than 21 days before the date of your party, your deposit is non-refundable although rescheduling to a mutually agreeable time is possible in the event of a cancellation.
2. Through payment of this deposit you are deemed to have read, understood, and accepted our terms and conditions and safety notice. You accept that you and your representatives are ultimately responsible for the supervision of the children in the party at all times while on Jumbo Fun and Play’s Newcastle under Lyme’s premises.
3. We reserve the right to decline your booking and undertake to refund your deposit.
4. The balance of the party payment will be payable on the day of your children’s birthday party, final numbers must be confirmed the week before the party is due to take place. Your confirmed final number is the minimum number you will be charged for. While we shall endeavor to cater for unexpected guests, please be aware that this may not always be possible. If additional food and table space cannot be provided, additional guests will be charged at our standard entry tariff applicable at the time of the party. Payment for additional guests must be made at the time of entry.
5. When there are fewer guests than our required minimum number you will be charged for the required minimum number of 10 (20 for our VIP children’s birthday party package).
6. Children are and remain the responsibility of the adults accompanying them, therefore we suggest visitors allow at least one adult (aged 18 or over) for every five children attending.
7. Any changes to the standard party package must be authorised by the management and confirmed in writing. We should be advised of any dietary requirements at the time of booking.
8. Allergens, intolerances and ingredients: Please ask a member of our team who can provide allergen information for both pre-packaged and non-prepacked party food and drink. Unfortunately, we are unable to accommodate any specific dietary requests or changes to our standard menu. We use many ingredients and shared equipment in our kitchens every day. Whilst we do our best to manage the cross-contamination of ingredients, we cannot guarantee that our food meets allergen-free levels. Information on our food concerning the 14 ingredients regarded as allergens by the Food Standards Agency, is available on request. We recommend that party guests with allergies, intolerances or food hypersensitivities bring in their own food for consumption, with prior authorisation. This food should be stored in a sealed and labelled container and must remain the responsibility of the accompanying adult. Your party will still receive the same amount of meals for the number of children you have paid for. The accompanying adult is responsible for managing any food consumed by any guests with allergies, intolerances or food hypersensitivities at all times. Some dishes may contain bones.
9. Each party group will be allocated the number of chairs and tables needed for the number of children confirmed when making the booking. Additional seating may be available elsewhere in the building. As we have limited capacity for accompanying adults, we allow only one free adult per party guest.
10. Parents should note that party rooms are in constant use on busy days, hence the use of the room is restricted. Party poppers, piñatas, streamers, and indoor fireworks are not permitted in the party rooms.
11. Newcastle under Lyme’s Jumbo Fun and Play does not provide birthday cakes. Host parents are requested to make their own provisions in this respect. Cakes requiring refrigeration are not recommended since we are not able to offer this service. No other food or drink may be brought onto the premises.
12. The customer holding the party is entirely responsible for the shoes, gifts, coats and other clothing at all times. Please be aware that the management does not accept responsibility for customers’ property lost or damaged on the premises.
13. Should you encounter any difficulties during the course of your party, please ask for the duty manager immediately, who will endeavour to resolve any issues on the spot.
14. Please note that any complaints regarding party food must be raised on the day of the party.
While Jumbo Fun and Play staff and management endeavour to ensure the safety of all visitors, it remains the responsibility of accompanying adults (a person aged 18 or over) to supervise the children in their care while visiting the facility. All children must be accompanied by a responsible adult and remain the responsibility of said adult at all times.
- Accompanying adults must remain on the premises at all times. Monitor their child to ensure that they are capable of using the equipment/rides safely. Accompanying adults must know where their child is and ensure that the child can locate them.
- Parents and guardians know their child’s capabilities and behaviour best and should ensure an appropriate level of supervision to reflect this.
- Children are advised to wear long-sleeved shirts and long trousers, and must wear socks at all times to minimise the risk of personal injury. Tops should be tucked into bottom garments when using the slides on the play equipment. Children must remove shoes, spectacles, jewellery, and badges before entering the playframe.
- Children must put their shoes on before using the motorbikes.
- No food, drink or chewing gum may be consumed in the play areas.
- All age and height restrictions imposed by the management must be adhered to.
- Accompanying adults are requested not to use the upper levels of the playframe during busy periods but must supervise from the ground level.
- In the event of an emergency evacuation of the building, our staff will take immediate action to guide all children down from the playframe.Please meet the children you are accompanying at ground level and leave the building via the nearest fire exit.
- The Jumbo Fun and Play Team are here to help adults and children to make sure that everyone has a good time. Please be aware, however, that it is company policy not to tolerate any abusive or aggressive behaviour towards our team or other customers. Any such behaviour may result in customers being asked to leave the premises.
- Group/ party organisers must ensure that there are an adequate number of adults present for the supervision of their charges. We suggest allowing one adult for every 5 children.
- Strictly no smoking or vaping on the premises.
- If you are unable to locate your child, ask one of the team and we will help find them. Please inform us if you or your child has any sort of accident, however minor, so they can be checked out by a trained first aider.
- Parents and guardians must ensure that children do not become overheated. Children who are unwell, or who have been unwell, should not visit the centre for at least 48 hours. Children who become unwell whilst in the centre, must leave the centre immediately and must not use the play equipment.
- All visits must be undertaken in line with any current Government restrictions
Jumbo Fun and Play encourages children to play and explore in a safe and stimulating environment. As such, there are inherent risks that are always associated with children playing and having fun together. These include: Children being exposed to moderate physical activity. Children tripping, falling and bumping into fixed objects and other children.
Jumbo Fun and Play has taken every reasonable step to control these risks through the design, maintenance and operation of the facility. However, it is impossible to eliminate such risks whilst providing a stimulating environment and parents/guardians must accept and recognise the risk.